Thursday, July 24, 2008

Literally...and The Biggest Bad Geek Ever

OK, people, listen up:

"Literally" means something ACTUALLY happened. If your feet "literally didn't touch the ground the entire first season at Ohio State..." (thank you on Cris Carter, formerly of the Minnesota Vikings) then you better damn well have wings.

This is a pet peeve of mine, can you tell? How hard is this to grasp? These are the same morons that, when asked "Where is the yellow ball?" reply by typing "Its over their." Cripe - just typing that sentence makes my brain hurt. How hard is it to grasp the intricacies of your native tongue, folks?

In other news...

There is a Drum Corp International competition at Crew Stadium on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. I so want to go, because, as I may have mentioned before, I am the world's biggest band fag. The problem is that Osi already sat through 4 year's worth of high school marching band video tapes and he is band-geeked out. Also a problem, I have no friends who are nearly as devoted as I in my love for all things marching and musical. (sigh)

Attending a DCI event by yourself is just sad. With whom will I rejoice when a corps hits a company front? Who will revel with me at the horn flashes? Alas, the Geek stands alone :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your so funny I literally laughed my ass off - its true that people don't know alot about English even after year's of school.

(A little nonsensical, but it covered most of my biggest pet peeves)