Monday, December 31, 2007

It's the End of the Year as We Know It

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. The fact that I've made it through another year of motherhood without losing my mind (although this is questionable) is a chief accomplishment.

I have a gaggle of great girlfriends. Last month I saw the name of a new show called The Cashmere Mafia. I think I'd like to adopt that. No idea what the show is about and I don't care, but I like to think we're all at a place in our lives and in out friendships where this term sorta applies.

Know what I hate about he end of the year, though? Those "who died this year" retrospectives. I would like a random listing of who was born. While none of my friends gave birth this year, an astounding number of them are due to do just that in the nest 8 months. So next year, I'll be looking at the "who was born" list.

Also - and this is purely and randomly tangential - what is up with ice cream at the grocery store? I really don't know anyone who puts ice cream on heir shopping list (outside of birthday parties). But there it is - an entire isle in the frozen food section just for the ice cream and the ice cream derivatives. Let me make it clear that this is not a complaint.

So, to sum up. I am thankful for not losing my mind, mostly thanks to my frinds and ice cream. Happy New Year! :)

No comments: