Thursday, January 3, 2008

Great Start to the New Year


I can't think of a better way to start the New Year. Osi let me sleep in, God bless him, and after J's nap we went to Mandie's, to hang with the rest of the Cashmere Mafia for the day. Daddies got football, Mommies got to chit chat and the kiddos got to run wild all over Mandie's beautifully decorated new house.

I can't tell you what a relief it is to hang with this particular group of ladies. I have made no bones about he fact that I have birthed a tiny lunatic. Between the doors, drawers and buttons, the kid is borderline OCD. It is just so nice to go hang with a group of people who A) don't care that your kid is a lunatic and B) have lunatics of their very own. Hand to God, I do not know what i would do without the Mommies, even though I don't see them nearly as often as I'd like (mostly due to The Lunatic).

Osi went back to work today after being off since Christmas eve. It was nice to have him home. We hung out, saw a few movies and traded diaper duty. Also, we went to COSI, when Jack was enthralled with the glass elevator (more buttons and doors).

I'm praying that this year brings a calm over Chez Zimmer. I need to learn to be more patient and not so self-defeating. Jack could use a lesson in patience, as well, but since it is really hard to get that through to a 2-year-old, I guess I'll take the teach-through-example route. Wish me luck :)

No comments: