Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Am NOT Stay At Home Mom Material

It has taken me three years to be able to make this statement: I am not stay-at-home-mom material. And that is OK (I think).

Jack's preschool/daycare is closed this week for a general once-a-year hosing down and teacher inservice week. This means it has been all Jack n' Mommy all the time. Duuuuuuuuude.

I can;t even remember the beginning of the week. I had a babysitter Monday morning so I could get errands done, then we spent the afternoon on a walk and playing outside. Tuesday we went to COSI for their $1 day (YAY COSI - Excellent idea!). Wednesday we stopped by the JCC to see Jack's class list and then by Auntie Sara's to see the cousins visiting from Detroit. After his nap we went to Easton to play in the fountain. Today I had a babysitter for 2 hours while I had a doc appt. and picked up the goody bag stuff for his b-day party and then we're going to Mandie's after naptime. Jesus, I am exhausted just typing all of this.

We have done all of the above and the child STILL drays me about wanting every piece of my attention the entire time he is awake. I admit it: I am selfish. I need a few minutes, no, MORE than a few minutes of non-Wiggles time during the day. So I cannot wait until Monday, when Jack is merrily on his way back to preschool/daycare and Mommy is going to drink. Whatever they pay our lovely teachers, it is not ever going to be enough.

Still no word on being gainfully employed, however. I applied for a job with the Humane Society that I stoked about, but I haven't heard anything yet. So, I use my time by cooking for the Obama campaign volunteers (bad news. They now have my DNA. I inadvertently grated some of my thumb into the baked ziti I am making for them tonight), getting myself in way over my head in Sisterhood and generally over-planning yet another of Jack's birthday parties. Oh, and Face Book. Can't forget the Face Book addiction/huge time-water. I really need a job :)

No comments: