Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Party Planning for the Masses

Even after last year's labor intensive birthday invitations and 7-story cake, I find myself looking forward to planning Jack's second birthday. I believe - no, I KNOW - we are going with a musical theme. The way the child loves to dance, I want to throw him a party he will actually enjoy.

I've committed to making the invites once again. Crazy, I know, considering the excellent choices at Target and Hallmark. I am still suffering from a lingering case of "I am a stay at home mom and, so, I WILL be Martha Stewart" syndrome. Anyone who has been to my house knows I am not much of a housekeeper, so I have to make it up somewhere.

And now for something completely over the top: I believe Marc "The Marvelous Toy" Rossio will entertain the 8-10 kids at the party. It seems completely exorbitant, but Jack loves him and maybe he won't anymore next year. It seems completely ludicrous to me that I am even considering entertainment for a 2-year-old's party. Anyone else?

Anywho, I'll start making the invites in the next week or so. Expect yours soon!

No comments: