Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tough Call

I got called back to the Builder's Exchange for a second interview. It was scheduled for 4:45 today.

You'll notce I said "was" scheduled. After reading the job description carefully, I realized about 50% of my time was going to spent on student outreach - an area I have less than zero interest in. I didn't want to waste their time or mine, so I cancelled the interview.

I've been having a hard time in the last week deciding whether my ambivalence about the job was because I really didn't like the job or rather I am terrified of going back to work and making this particular job the scapegoat. After studying the job description though, it is definitely the former. I don't like many other kids other than my own. A select few, but not many. So the thought of spending entire days with other people's kids does not thrill me.

So I am back on the hunt. I know I want an association gig, but those are slim pickins'. I do have a lunch scheduled with my former CEO on the 30th - those are alwys good for a) a laugh and b) thanking God that I no longer work for him :)

No comments: