Friday, August 17, 2007

Big Day at Chez Zimmer

Well, my friends, it has been a very interesting 24 hours.

Let us start with the fact that J has gotten into the pattern of waking up in the middle of the night for anywhere between 2-3 hours straight. He screams bloody murder (if he could talk, that is what he'd be screaming, anyway) if you leave him alone. While I am completely fine with letting the little Banshee scream himself hoarse, Osi can't take it. So our nights have turned into 3 a.m. arguments about how to handle The Beast. Needless to say, no one is getting any sleep.

The Detroit Crazies rolled into town yesterday, too. We went over to take the girls' their (purchased out of guilt) birthday presents and give Shawna some clothes for the ever-expanding baby, Schmuel (yes, that is not a typo). In Target, shopping for said gifts, I found myself thinking "Well, I like the $15 worth, but definitely NOT $25 worth." Surely, I am going to hell. We are signed up for another "family dinner" on Tuesday. As Stimpy so eloquently stated: "Oh Joy."

Now, let's move to the fact that we found out today that the JCC pre-school finally has room for Jack. He starts August 27 - TEN DAYS. That is not enough time for me to get my head around it. I see Tuesdays will be my "Julie, can we go drink at lunch" days. Julie's daughter Chelsea is also at the JCC, but on Mondays and Tuesdays (J will go Tues and Thurs). Here's the thing: J is a pretty well-behaved kid. He doesn't hit, bite or scream (any more than the usual 2 year old on that last one). I am scared that my nice boy is going to hang with some mean kids and either pick up bad habits or get bullied. OY, Motherhood!

FINALLY, I am in charge of a 40 person dinner tonight at Temple Israel. No, you didn't miss the conversion announcement - I'm still not Jewish. But I have apparently been promoted to VP of marketing in Sisterhood with plans to be co-president in 2 years. Again, the Shiksa will be running the Temple Israel Sisterhood. I find this both highly amusing and more than a little terrifying. The dinner tonight is especially for non-Jewish partners and recent converts, so i guess it makes sense that I am in charge. It is in 3 hours and I still don't have remarks prepared.

Oh, also, my whole family is descending upon me tomorrow night for a football game (GO BROWNS!). Fun, but stressful.

OK - how is everyone else's week shaping up?


AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh......

No comments: