Thursday, April 24, 2008

Run, run reindeer....

I am running back and forth to Starbucks today. Not for an out-of-control caffeine addiction, but to interview many, many sitters for the Sitter Connection gig, which I failed to cut myself completely loose from a few month ago. These gals can;t meet all in a block, noooooo, so I had 2 at about 11 a.m., another one at 12:30 and, thankfully, another block starting at 2:45. If I could just get them all one right after another, it would be a lot easier. The fact that I am only paid $6 an interview is not helping.

On the upside, we are going to Cincinnati this weekend. Looking forward to that. Also, I found out a week ago or so that I am Sisterhood's Volunteer of the Year. How kooky is that?

I need to read everything I can get my hands on by some nutjob named Ekhart Tolle. Apparently he is making millions off of my knowledge that you are NOT the voice in your head. My mom thinks I am NUTS (literally) because I acknowledge the Voice In My Head. The VIMH is very negative and mean-spirited. Apparently Ekhart knows this and is very zen about the whole thing and has a whole following. I need to find out if old Ekhart has found a way to shut the voice up. Short of going all "Fight Club" on myself. Now THAT would be very helpful (shutting the VIMH up, not going "Fight Club.").

OK, well, I am off to the next interview (and get all hopped up on a latte). Maybe I'll sneak in some Target time in between the 12:30 and 2:45 interview. Target may be my Happy Place. Isn't that sick?

No comments: