Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth

Drop off at daycare/preschool has gotten to be an exercise in tough love. This morning Ms. Connie had to literally pry Jack off of me and then she suggested I leave quickly. I know he is fine after I leave (that's the party line they're sticking to anyway), but I spent most of the morning nauseous and picked him up at 2.

Am I fooling myself by believing that his social interaction is more important than hanging with Mommy at two years old? There are certainly (at least) two schools on that one. Pro and con. I have noticed he is much more vocal/verbal lately. Is that because of the interaction or because he is about to turn 2? Dunno.

Mothers who steadfastly believe that a SAHM is a GOOD mom will, I'm sure, tell me that I am putting us both through this for nothing. Moms with their kids in childcare will tell me it's all good and "just a phase." I didn't realize there are so many shades of gray in motherhood. I appreciate nuance as much as the next gal, but sometimes I'd kill for a black and white view of things.

No comments: