Sunday, September 2, 2007

I Want My Mommy

I have had a sinus infection for a week. Well, I HAD a sinus infection 5 days ago when I went to the doctor. What I have NOW is something that sounds a lot like I have been smoking 2 packs a day of unfiltered Marlboros for the past 20 years. Seriously, I bet there are TB wards quieter than my bedroom at 2 am when a coughing fit hits.

Jack, of course, finds the various sounds Mommy is emitting hilarious. My pain brings him joy. What a little sadist. Osi, God bless him, has gotten up with Jack the last 2 days and has let me sleep in. Thank God tomorrow is a holiday and he told me he'd do the same then, too.

I have a curious habit of just wanting to stare at someone when I'm sick. Neither my mom or my husband find this amusing. Jack doesn't notice. The dog is usually passed out and, besides, she lacks the empathy gene. Seriously - try to cuddle with that damn dog when you're sick and she will sigh deeply as if making a plea to the heavens "Why, God? Why must she constantly touch me?" My dog has issues, but that is for another post.

After a week moving through what I like to call the Sputum Spectrum, I seem t be stuck on a particularly unpleasant variation that should NOT be coming from my lungs after 5 days on antibiotics. I am reminded of the Friends episode where Pheobe has her "sexy cold voice." Only I tend to sounds more like Marge Simpson's sisters these days.

Bottom line: I want my Mommy. I want her to make me soup and let me lay in the big bed and watch TV all day. Also, I'd like to stare at her for no reason. I bet she'd let me.

No comments: