Monday, June 11, 2007

Slushee Addiction

I have developed a truly unhealthy addiction to Sonic. The food is relatively tasty and reasonably priced. The tater tots are pretty divine, if they are fresh. But let me get to my particular obsession: slushees.

Not only do they have regular slushes, but they have cream slushes. These do not seem to entail any ice cream or any added milk product, but I am TOTALLY committed to further research on the topic. Now, on top of the regular flavors, you can add flavors like vanilla or cherry to your slushes. Today I had a Blue Coconut vanilla slush. Man, it just sounds good, doesn't it?

When I say I have an unhealthy addiction, I mean that we ate there for dinner last night and I went through the drive through for lunch today. I actually thought about making another run this afternoon just for a slushee. Sad, isn't it? It is hot and they are frozen sweet, nectar from the gods, man!

As a final shout out to the goodness that is Sonic, America's Drive-in, it is incredibly cranky-toddler friendly. J had a long day of running errands and swimming pool goodness yesterday and was waaaay done. However, he was happy as that proverbial clam strapped into the ol' Graco Snug Ride in the back seat being fed popcorn chicken and frenchy fries and listening to Marc "the Marvelous Toy" Rossio on the CD player. Mommy and Daddy get to eat out and Jack is quiet. All hail Sonic.

No comments: