Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Sitter Situation

Oh, how I long for the carefree days pre-baby - of just picking up and GOING wherever it is you wanted to go. It isn't even the amount of stuff that Little Dude comes with - we've managed to get that under control - it is the Sitter Situation.

I am going to tell you a secret, but you have to promise not to use it to your advantage or pass it on to any of your other Mommy friends. Because if you do, then my Sitter Situation will worsen. And you don't want that, do you? Because you and I, we're buddies.

The secret is this:

There is a FANTASTIC sitter service in Ohio called The Sitter Connection. I believe they started in Dayton, but now have franchises in Columbus and Toledo. Now, I get no money from promoting this service. Just the satisfaction of knowing that I may be helping other moms in my situation. Seriously, check them out.

The Sitter Connection uses local college gals, usually nursing or education majors, as contracted sitters. They do fingerprinting and background checks. I couldn't be that thorough if I were looking for a sitter myself! We've had excellent experiences with them and we've been using them since December.

If I have one gripe, it's that they don't have enough sitters to fill the demands of all of the hard-up Mommies like us out there. So, when they have no sitters for me on a Friday night, I am up the proverbial creek. That's how heavily I rely n them.

It is so difficult to find a good, caring, engaged sitter. All of the sitters we've used through the Connection have been just that. I recommend them. But, you know, not too highly, 'cause I'd like to leave the house once in a while too, you know.

No comments: