Tuesday, May 1, 2007

What a Load of Crap...

Is it too late just to move out of our house and leave all of our stuff here? We've already decided that the "stuff" we have is just fine for this address but that the minute we move it to the new house it instantly becomes crap. So, really, the new people are better off with it. It's gold here.

Also, I don't want to pack it. It isn't that I don't want to pack it. It's that I don't know where to begin. Melissa came over to watch J today and I wandered around the house for 45 minutes peeking into every room thinking "Can I pack that? Hm , well, what if we need it?" At the end of almost an hour, my sister helpfully suggested that I might not have time to read two giant bookshelves worth of books in the next three weeks and that, perhaps, I might want to start there. Glad one of us has our head screwed on straight. She watched J for 5 hours today and I managed to pack up books, most of my winter clothes, the coat closet and some pots and pans. If I continue at this pace, we should be ready to move by February.

On the up side, our home inspection went exceedingly well. A HUGE thank you to Mandie and Phil for recommending Pillar to Post home inspection. If you ever use them, ask for Steve. As a bonus, he is also a professional trumpet player and a Barack Obama supporter. We have the inspection here tomorrow at 9 a.m. I am terrified that the inspector will announce that we have been living in a level of squalor not fit for rats and the potential buyers will run screaming from the deal. Did I mention I am not particularly a half-full kinda gal when it comes to luck? I guess we'll wait and see.

No comments: